Harris Academy FP Hockey Club - 2012-2013

District League Trophy
Saturday 18th May

Harris 2s qualified for the District League Trophy after winning the Midlands 1st Division. They travelled to Forthbank Stadium, Stirling to play the winners of the East and West District Leagues. In the first game against Erskine Stewarts Melville, the East League winners, Harris came up against two of their former players, Richard Soutar and Scott Smith. A penalty from Craig Towns was not enough for Harris as they lost 2-1 to an experienced ESM team. In the second game against Rottenrow, who went the whole season unbeaten in the West 1st Division, Harris recorded a 2-1 win with goals from Dougie Lowdon and Sam Owen-Hughes. This gave Harris 2nd place overall in the tournament.

Weekend Results
27th and 28th April

Harris 1s travelled to Edinburgh for the game agianst top of the league ESM. Harris needed to win to keep in with a chance of promotion but went down 6-3. Goals for Harris came from Ferg Wilson (2) and Hamish Galt. This was the only league game team coach Albert Rowling failed to score in during the season and he finished with a remarkable 42 goals in total.

On Sunday the 1st team travelled to Giffnock for their final game and lost 4-3. The Harris goals were scored by Albert Rowling, Hamish Galt and Neil Martin. This completed a disappointing 2nd half of the season with 4 of the last 5 games lost. Despite missing out on promotion there were a lot of positives to take from the season. Several young players made their mark in the first team , there were plenty of goals from attacking play and the team spirit was excellent throughout the season.

On Thursday 25th April at DISC the Harris S1-S3 team reached the final of the Active Schools Cup. The game against Baldragon finished 0-0 at full time and also after extra time which led to a shoot out where players ran from the 25 to try and score against the goalkeeper. After many rounds Baldragon scored a winner and Harris took the silver medals.

Weekend Results
13th and 14th April

The only team in action on Saturday was Harris 3s with an away game against Monarchs 2s at Arbroath. Harris led 1-0 at half-time with a goal from Cameron Conway from a Daniel McAndrew assist. In the second half Mike Watson put Harris futher ahead and after Monarchs pulled back a goal Mike Watson got his second to make the full time score 3-1.

Harris 1s were at home to Aberdeen University at DISC on Sunday. They took an early lead form an Albert Rowling short corner but Aberdeen fought back to take a 2-1 lead before an Albert penalty made it 2-2 at half time. Harris started well in the 2nd half with a Greg Whittet goal from a Neil Martin assist but they failed to build on this and with chances at both ends of the pitch it was the University team who took their chances going on to win 5-3.

       Stevie McIlravey Selected for Scottish U18 squad
Congratulations to Stevie McIlravey on being selected for the Scottish U18 squad to play two matches against the Welsh U18 team at Forthbank stadium. The matches are on Friday 5th April at 2.30pm and Saturday 6th April at 6pm. Stevie follows a long line of Harris goalkeepers who have represented Scotland. In the past John Kilgour and Dave Sword won full caps and Jimmy Crabb and Jim Crosby schoolboy caps. The extract below from Glasgow Herald is from 1984 when Harris had three schoolboy caps in the same team. Midlands hockey was also well represented in the squad.

Weekend Results
16th and 17th March

Harris 2s and 3s continued their good form in Midlands Division 1. On Saturday at DISC the 2s recorded a 3-0 win against Wanderers 3s. After a goalless first half Harris opened the scoring when Dougie Lowdon picked up a rebound from a Craig Towns short corner. Craig Towns then scored from another short corner and a second goal for Doc Lowdon from open play made the final score 3-0.

At Dalnacraig Harris 3s went a goal behind to Wanderers 4s but Kevin Ancell scored to get Harris level at half time. Ferg Wilson put Harris ahead and then Wanderers made it 2-2. Niall Joss scored his first goal of the season (first goal ever?) to put Harris ahead but Wanderers scored a late equaliser.

On Sunday Harris 1s travelled to Rubislaw to play AGSFP in the Scottish Plate. In miserable weather Harris got off to an even more miserable start going 2-0 down in the first 10 minutes. Ross Turbet pulled back a goal for Harris from a Greg Whittet assist but AGSFP scored again to makee it 3-1 at half time. In the second half Harris played a far better passing game and an Albert Rowling short corner made it 3-2. With Harris pressing for an equaliserAGSFP scored against the run of play but Greg Whittet scored straight away from a Neil Martin assist to make it 4-3. With time running out Albert hit the post from a corner. Harris won another short corner  on full time and Albert scored to take the game to penalties. Unfortunately Harris then missed their first two penalties and AGSFP scored from all their penalties to take them into the next round of the competition.

Weekend Results
23rd and 24th February

The only team playing on Saturday 23rd February was the 3rd team. They improved their league position with a good 6-0 win against Wanderers 5s with 3 goals from Ferg junior and 2 from Ferg senior.

On Sunday the 4th team were in action against Menzieshill 4s and all the goals in a 2-2 draw came in the first half. Scorers for Harris were Sam Owen-Hughes and Cameron Smart.

Outdoor and Indoor Results
7th February to 10th February
On Saturday 10th February Harris 2s travelled to Arbroath to play Monarchs 2s in a Midlands Division 1 league game. In a fairly even game Harris 2s continued  their good run with a goal from Craig Soutar giving them a 1-0 victory.

At Riverside on Saturday Harris 3s had their best result of the season in Midlands Division 1 beating a Perthshire 2nd team which has been going well in the league. Goals from Ferg Wilson (4), Ross Turbet and Ferg Wilson sen gave Harris a 6-1 victory.

On Sunday at DISC the 4th team were back in league action with a 2-2 draw against Menzieshill 4s in Midlands League Division 2.

On Thursday night at Douglas Sports Centre the indoor 5th team played their last league match of the season going down 6-2 to Menzieshill 4s. The 5s playing a mainly schoolboy team throughout the league games have performed well in all their matches and have gained good experience for next year.

Indoor Results 26th January

Harris 1st team finished their indoor league games on Saturday with two defeats at Bells Sports Centre. In the first game they lost 12-0 to Inverleith and in the second match against Clydesdale they were defeated 8-5. The Harris goals were scored by Callum Boag(2), Neil Martin, Greg Whittet and Nick Bryan.

The 2nd team indoor had their best set of results so far in the North and Midlands with a 5-3 win against Gordonians 2 and a 3-0 win against Wanderers 3s. The last two league matches for the 2s are against Stirling Wanderers and Aberdeen GSFP at DISC on Saturday 2nd February .

Saturday 2nd February is also the date for the restart of outdoor games for the 2s and 3s with games against St Andrews University 2s and Monarchs 3s.

In the week ahead there will be some changes to the training schedule. The last session of indoor training for juniors takes place on Tuesday 29th January in the Harris Academy Games Hall and next Wednesday 6th February is the restart of outdoor training for the juniors at Riverside from 5.30pm to 7pm.  Senior outdoor training restarts at DISC on Thursday 31st January from 8.30pm to 10pm.

Indoor Results
12th and 13th January 2013
National League Division 1 indoor restarted on Saturday 12th January with two games for the indoor 1st team at Forthbank Stadium. In their first match Harris went four behind against Grange but managed to recover and cut the gap to one goal at 6-5 with 10 minutes to play before eventually losing 8-6. In the second game against Wanderers the scores were tied at 1-1 at half-time. A good start to the second half put Harris 4-2 ahead but a first league win eluded them as Wanderers recovered to win 7-5.

Also on Saturday at Dundee University Sports Hall the indoor 2nd team played two games in the North and Midlands League. The first match was lost to AGSFP 11-2 but in the second Harris beat Wanderers 3s 3-0.

The under 18s finals were played at Bell's Sports Centre on Sunday 13th January. In their first match Harris lost to Grange 5-3. After drawing level with a minute to go Harris lost two late goals to Grange who went on to reach the final. In their second match Harris lost 11-2 to Kelburne and in their last game they beat Aberdeen Grammar School 9-5. The Harris team did well to qualify beating Menzieshill, Strathallan and Perthshire in the Midlands qualifier and put in good performances in all their games at Bells. The squad on Sunday was:- Stevie McIlravey, Finlay Wright, Cameron Smart, Callum Boag, Callum White, Alexander Kershaw, Sam Tyalor, Sam Owen-Hughes, Callum Hughes and Jack Dyer. 

Indoor and Outdoor League Games
11th December to 15th December

On Tuesday 11th December at the Douglas Centre Harris 5s opened their indoor league season in Midlands Division 3 with an 8-2 win over Wanderers 7s. The young players in the Harris side were amongst the goals with Jack Dyer getting a hat-trick, Dylan Ackerley (2), Anthony Mudie (1), Jonny McLeish (1) and Sam Owen-Hughes (1).

The Midlands Indoor Division 1 games on Thursday saw Harris 1s and 2s both playing Inverleith. In the first game the 1s lost 6-5 with the Harris goals coming from Neil Martin (3), Marc Callaghan (1) and Jamie Carnegie (1). In the second game a young Harris 2s team with only 6 players available worked hard throughout the game but lost 13-1 with a lot of the goals coming towards the end of the game as tiredness set in. 

On Saturday 15th December Harris 1s suffered 3 defeats at Bells Sports Centre in National League Division 1, going down 18-1 to Menzieshill, 6-0 to Western Wildcats and 9-3 to Kelburne. The Harris goals came from Jamie Carnegie against Menzieshill and Callum Boag, Neil Martin and Marc Callaghan against Kelburne. Harris 2s started their North and Midlands league games at DISC losing 4-2 to Stirling Wanderers and 5-1 to Gordonians 2s.  Sam Owen-Hughes scored both Harris goals against Stirling and Greg Whittet got the goal against Gordonians.

Harris 2s outdoor team continued their good run on Saturday in Midlands Division 1 with an 8-1 win against Wanderers 4s. Ferg Wilson sen with a hat-trick,  Ryan Watson (2), Kevin Ancell (2) and Daniel McAndrew (1) were the Harris goalscorers.

Indoor and Outdoor League Games
29th November to 2nd December
All four outdoor games scheduled for the weekend were postponed due to frozen pitches. Harris remain at the top of National League Division 3 on goal difference from Monarchs but have a game in hand due to the postponement of the match against Motherwell.

Next weekend sees the start of the National Indoor Leagues with Harris 1s playing in the 1st Division at Bells in Perth against Grange and Wanderers.  Harris 2s play their first games in the Midlands and North Indoor League on Saturday 15th December at DISC.

Harris 1s and 2s indoor teams played their opening matches in the Midlands Indoor 1st Division at Douglas Sports Centre on Thursday 29th November. The first team opened with a 3-2 win against Wanderers 2s with goals from 'Chico' Callagahan (2) and Jamie Carnegie. In the second match against Menzieshill 2s they lost 5-2 with the Harris goals coming from Greg Whittet and Jamie Carnegie. Between these two games Harris 2s played their first match against Wanderers 1s losing 7-2 with both Harris goals scored by Pete Black.

Indoor and Outdoor League Games
15th November to 17th November
Harris 1s travelled to Forthbank Stadium to play Stirling Wanderers on Saturday 17th November in a National League Division 3 game. Harris opened the scoring from an Albert Rowling short corner but Stirling Wanderers equalised to make it 1-1 at half-time. Ferg Wilson made it 2-1 for Harris before a Stirling short corner levelled the scores. Another Albert short corner high into the net put Harris ahead again and after a good passing movement Ferg Wilson was left to put the ball into the net to make the final score 4-2 for Harris. This result puts Harris to the top of the league with two games to go before the league splits. 

Harris 2s were involved in a top of the league tussle with Wanderers 3s at Dalnacraig in a MIdlands Division 1 game. Despite both teams having opprtunities to score the first half finished goalless. A good spell of pressure from Harris in the second half resulted in Craig Towns breaking the deadlock and Harris then defended well to keep out Wanderers and win the game 1-0 to move to the top of the league.

Harris 3s were also in action in Midlands DIvision 1 in a home match at Riverside against Wanderers 4s. THe Harris team produced their best result of the season in wnning 7-0. Goals came from Pete Fowlie (3), Ferg Wilson sen (2) , Gregor Hamilton (2) and Daniel McAndrew

                    Indoor and Outdoor Leagues Games
                      1st November - 4th November

Harris 1sts were involved in another nailbiting finish at DISC on Saturday which followed a very similar scoring pattern to the game against Perthshire the week before. Monarchs opened the scoring and then went two up after 10 minutes. Monarchs were on top and a short corner put them 3-0 ahead. Just before half-time Harris got their first short corner and Albert Rowling netted to make it 3-1. In the second half Albert made it 3-2, again from a short corner. Monarchs responded well to go ahead 4-2  from another short corner. Harris netted from open play with Albert completing his hat-trick . With two minutes left Harris equalised from another Albert short corner. It looked like the game would end as a draw but a late Harris attack in the final minute produced a short corner which hit a Monarchs defender on the line and Albert scored from the penalty flick to win the match for Harris 5-4.

Also on Saturday Harris 2s and 3s played a high scoring game at Riverside. An early Ryan Watson goal and an own goal from Andy Thompson made it 2-0 for the 2s. Ferg Wilson pulled a goal back for the 3s from a short corner before three goals in twenty minutes for the 2s made it 5-1 at half time. Ryan Watson , Doug Lowdon and Craig Towns scored for the 2s. The second half produced even more goals. A Mark McNaughton hat-trick and further goals from Craig Towns and Sam Owen -Hughes made it 10-1 before Daniel McAndrew and Ferg Wilson sen (2) scored for the 3s to make the final score 10-4.

On Sunday 4th November Harris 3s played Dundee University 2s at Riverside and got back on track with a 7-1 win. Ferg Wilson sen scored a hat-trick and skipper Gregor Hamilton two goals to give Harris 3s a 5-0 lead at half-time. Two more goals from Ferg in the second half either side of a goal from the University ended the scoring. Also on Sunday at DISC, Harris 4s played Monarchs 3s, the match ending in a 2-2 draw.

Earlier in the week at Douglas Sports Centre, Harris 4s indoor team played top of the table Granite City, going doen 5-1 with the Harris goal scored by Kevin Ancell.
                  Indoor and Outdoor Leagues Games
                       16th October- 21st October
The 1st team were at home to league leaders Erskine Stewart's Melville at DISC on Saturday 20th October in their National League Division 3 match. In a hard fought game Harris kept their unbeaten record in the league with a 2-1 victory. At half time they trailed 1-0 after a poor first half performance. In the second half Harris improved and worked hard to get back on level terms. The equaliser came from Gavin Martin when he picked up a rebound at a short corner. Both sides then had chances to take the lead but a well worked short corner saw Gavin's shot blocked on the line by a diving ESM defender and from the resultant penalty Albert Rowling scored to make the final score 2-1 to Harris
match report

The 2nd team game was cancelled as Dundee University 2's were unable to raise a team.  The 3rd team had an excellent 5-2 win against Grove Menzieshill 3s at Riverside. They led 2-1 at half-time with goals from Ami Bhachu and Ferg Wilson. Further goals in the second half from Ami, Mark McNaughton and Kevin Ancell made it 5-1 before a late goal from GM3 made the final score 5-2 for Harris. match report
On Sunday at DISC Harris faced Madras 2s in a Midlands League Division 2 match. With only 8 players and no umpire Madras conceded the match and the game was played as a friendly with Harris giving the opposition extra players. A  Harris side consisting mainly of schoolboys won the match 4-2. report  

On Tuesday 16th October a young indoor 3rd team played Granite City 1s in a Midlands Indoor League Division 2 at Douglas Sport Centre. Although beaten 4-2 they played well throughout the match. The Harris goals came from Ethan Drew and Sam Taylor match report 
On Thursday 18th October at Douglas Sports Centre the indoor 4th team lost 9-3 to Wanderers 4s.

                         Indoor and Outdoor League Games  
                               4th October  - 7th October
The first team played played league leaders Ayr at DISC on Saturday and got off to a great start with two early goals from Albert, both from open play. He then added a third to take Harris to a 3-0 half time lead. At the start of the second half Ayr got a goal back but Harris quickly restored their three goal lead from an Albert short corner and shortly after this Harris scored again through an own goal by the goalkeeper as Greg tried to deflect a cross into the goal. With three of the regular midfield players missing two 15 year olds Hamish Galt and Finlay Wright made their first team league debuts and both put in good performances. see match report

On Sunday the first team travelled to Bridge of Allan to play Stirling University. With Pete Black missing injured after the game against Ayr, Harris were further hampered when Neil Williams had to go off with a hamstring injury after only five minutes. Harris struggled to get any rhythm early on and it was no surprise when Stirling opened the scoring from a short corner. Stirling continued to have the better of the play in the first half and Ally Blair had to make some fine saves. Harris managed to regroup for the second half and Cameron Conway equalised with a shot from the top of the D. Another Harris attack saw Albert round the Stirling keeper who clipped him as he passed and from the resultant penalty Albert put Harris 2-1 ahead. Albert scored again from a short corner to make it 3-1, taking his tally to 12 goals in 4 league games. This result puts Harris into 2nd place in the league, just one point behind new league leaders Erskine Stewarts Melville but with a game in hand. league table and see match report

The 4th team fielded a young and inexperienced team in their game against Perthshire 4s at DISC and were beaten 3-0.
see match report
The Midlands indoor league matches started in the Douglas Sports Centre on Thursday 4th October and in the first round of matches Harris 3s had a 5-2 win agianst Harris 4s. Also on Thursday at St Paul's, the S1-S3 Hawks team played 3 outdoor matches in the schools league, drawing 0-0 with Grove, beating Menzieshill 1-0 and drawing with Monifieth 1-1.

Weekend Results
15th and 16th September
The first team started their league season with a home match at DISC. A late call off from Cameron Smart due to illness and an injury to Jimi Simpson after 30 seconds meant that Harris were left to play the game with 12 players. After a slow start Harris gradually improved and after 15 minutes they had a great chance to go ahead but Greg missed from the penalty spot. At the start of the second half Waverley opened the scoring but Harris equalised almost immediately from an Albert short corner. Following another short corner Gavin missed a good chance to put Harris ahead and then Albert rounded the Waverley goalkeeper but shot wide. With only 10 minutes to go Waverley took the lead and with time running out Albert scored from another short corner just 6 minutes from time to make the final score 2-2. see match report

Harris 2nd team lost their opening league game 2-1 to Grove Menzieshill 3rd team. A youthful Harris team took an early lead through Ryan Watson but GM 3's equalised just before half time. Both teams had chances to win the match but GM 3's snatched victory with a very late goal. see match report
The Harris 3rd team started with a 7-1 defeat to a strong Wanderers 3s side see match report  On Sunday at DISC the 4th team beat Grove Menzieshill 4's 3-2. After going behind to a short corner Anthony equalised after good work down the right hand side and Ferg senior put Harris ahead before half time. In the second half GM 4 equalised and then Daniel scored with a fantastic low shot to the keeper's left. Despite late pressure from GM the Harris team held on and Mamun playing his first game in goal made a couple of great reaction saves.

Weekend Results
4th and 5th May
The only team in action on Saturday was Harris 3 recording a 7-0 win over Monarchs 2. Goalscorers for Harris were Ferg Wilson snr (2), Ferg Wilson (2), Ethan Drew, Daniel McAndrew and Craig Soutar.

On Sunday Harris 4s played a rearranged game against Grove Menzieshill 4, the game ending 1-1 with Cameron Conway scoring for Harris.

Weekend Results
20th and 21st April
On Sunday the 1st team travelled to play Perthshire at KIlgraston in a game which they had to win to keep alive any hopes of promotion. Perthshire took the lead midway through the first half from a penalty but a short corner from Albert Rowling and a deflected goal from Neil Martin from a Hamish Galt cross put Harris into the lead. Just before half time Perthshire equalised but Albert put Harris into the lead on the half time whistle after a baseline run and shot. Perthshire equalised 20 minutes into the 2nd half. Two goals for Harris settled the game. Greg Whittet tapped in from an Albert cross and Greg repeated this minutes later after Neil rounded the goalkeeper and hit the ball towards goal.

The 2nd team with a much changed side finished their league campaign with a 6-0 defeat away to Perthshire 2. However the league was already won before this match and prior to this the 2s have played consistently good hockey to deservedly take the Midlands Division 1 title.

Also on Saturday Harris entered three teams for the Grove Menzieshill youth festival. The under 12 team of Callum Bolton, Brodie Thompson, Hiro Kobyshari, Aquib Hamed,Ross Dyer, Stanley Reeves, Alfie Ackerley, Jay Smith and Jack Renton played 7 games winning 4 , drawing 1 and losing 2. With four of the team under 11 and three under 10 it was an excellent performance by all the players involved. Goalscorers for the under 12s were Hiro 3, Jay 3, Alfie 3, Callum 3, Ross 2 and Brodie 1
The under 14 team was Duncan McNicoll, Jack Dyer, Oscar Holm-Huxley,
Jonny Mcleish and Dylan Ackerley assisted by two of our under 12 team Callum Bolton and Hiro Kobyshari. They played 7 games winning 2 losing 4 and drawing 1 game. Goalscorers for the under 14s were Jack 7, Dylan 5 and Oscar, Jonny, Hiro and Callum all 1 each.
The under 16 team also did well with a young side playing 5 winning 2 and losing 3. Thanks must go to Grove Menzieshill for organising and running this excellent tournament at Dawson Park.

Weekend Results
6th and 7th April
The only 2 teams in action at the weekend were the 1s and 2s. The 1s travelled to Ayr and after scoring an early goal from an Albert Rowling short corner missed opportunities to go further ahead. Ayr equalised to make it 1-1- at half time. Harris missed more chances and then paid for this when Ayr took the lead. Ferg Wilson then equalised but Ayr scored late on after a defensive mix up. Further Harris pressure failed to produce any goals.

It was a different story for the 2s in their rescheduled match against Grove Menzieshill 3s. Their 4-2 win has virtually clinched the Midlands League Division 1 title. Alexander Kershaw opened the scoring for Harris but GM3 equalised . Ryan Watson gave Harris a 2-1 half time lead. Ryan scored again in the second half to give Harris a two goal lead before skipper Gordon Grewar pulled a goal back for GM3 with one of his og specials. Ryan then completed his hat-trick to make it 4-2 and ensure a Harris victory.
Stevie McIlravey was in action on Friday 5th April and Saturday 6th April playing for Scotland U18s at Forthbank Stadium. Scotland won 6-0 on Friday and 2-1 on Saturday.

Weekend Results
9th and 10th March
In the local derby match against Monarchs in National League Division 3 the match ended in a 3-3 draw. Harris took an early lead through an Albert Rowling short corner. Monarchs equalised and then scored again to take a 2-1 half time lead. In the second half Neil Martin equalised for Harris and a goal from Greg Whitet made it 3-2 for Harris. In an end to end game Monarchs equalised and despite good efforts from both teams the match ended a 3-3 draw. 

The 2nd team kept up their challenge at the top of Midlands Division 1 with a 5-0 win against Madras in St Andrews. The Harris goals came from Craig Soutar (2), Sam Owen-Hughes (2) and Dougie Lowdon.

At Riverside Harris 3s continued their good run with a 5-4 win against St Andrews University 2s with  Ferg Wilson sen getting all 5 goals for Harris.

Weekend Results
2nd and 3rd March

With 1st team not playing the game between Harris 2s and 3s at DISC took centre stage. In a fairly even first half both sides had chances to score but the teams were tied at 0-0 at half time. The second half started with a short corner goal from Ferg junior. He added a second corner and Pete Fowlie scored with a penalty to kmake it 3-0 for the 3s. A late short corner from Craig Towns made the final score 3-1 .

On Sunday the 2nd team got back on track with a 6-2 win in St Andrews against the University 2s. After going a goal behind Harris fought back and won the game comfortably with goals from Craig Towns (2), Kevin Ancell, Dougie Lowdon, Niall McKay and Ryan Watson.

Weekend Results
16th and 17th February
It was a weekend with plenty of goals, both for and against. Harris 1s visited Titwood to play Clydesdale in the Cup and were beaten  16-0 by a well organised 1st division side. On Sunday the 1st team were back in league action in National League Division 3 playing their postponed match against Motherwell at Dalziel Park. Harris were 4-1 ahead at half-time through goals from Chico, Albert (2) and an own goal. The game finished 8-2 to Harris with Albert getting another 3 goals to take his season tally to 33. 

The second team played Dundee University 2s at DISC on Saturday and won a one-sided match  15-0. The Harris goals came from Craig Soutar (5), Ryan Watson(2), Sam Owen-Hughes (2), Dougie Lowdon (2), Callum HUghes (2) and one each for Kevin Ancell and Roy Dowie.

Also on Saturday Harris 3s had a good 3-2 win against Menzieshill 3s. Ferg Wilson put Harris ahead 1-0 in the first half. In the second half Menzieshill scored twice to take the lead but Harris fought back with short corner goals from Pete Fowlie and Ferg Wilson to make the final score 3-2 to Harris.

Outdoor and Indoor Results
Jan 31st to Feb 2nd

On Thursday 31st January at the Douglas Centre a young Harris 5s indoor team had a good win against Monarchs 3s in Midland Indoor Divsion 3. A maiden hat-trick from Anthony Mudie and a goal from Sam Owen-Hughes gave Harris a 4-3 win.

On Saturday Harris 2s played two matches in the North and Midlands Indoor League getting a good 4-3 win agianst Stirling Wanderers and losing 7-4 to second placed Aberdeen GSF

Harris 2s outdoor team were back in league action with a 10-0 home win against St Andrews University 2s. The Harris goals were scored by Craig Soutar (3), Ferg Wilson (3) Nick Bryan (3) and Kevin Ancell.

Indoor Results 17th and 19th January
1st team Win in Indoor National League Division 1

The 1st team played three games on Saturday in National Division 1 Indoor at Bells Sports Centre. Against Menzieshill in the first game Harris lost 11-1 with Greg Whittet getting the Harris goal. In the second match Harris were three behind after five minutes against Western but fought back to lead 4-3 at half-time. With six minutes to go in the second half Harris extended their lead to 7-4. Western staged a late fightback but Harris held on to win 7-6 . The Harris goals were scored by Albert Rowling (3), Marc Callaghan (2), Neil Martin and Greg Whittet. Harris lost their final game 9-2 to Kelburne with Albert getting both goals.

Harris 2s played two games in the North and Midlands League on Saturday at Dundee University Sports Hall. In the first game they lost 5-1 to Perthshire and in the second lost 4-3 to Granite City 2s.

On Thursday 17th January at the Douglas Sports Centre Harris 1s and 2s were involved in Midlands Division 1 relegation play-off games. In the first match Harris 1s had a 6-3 victory over Wanderers 2s. The Harris goals were scored by Marc Callaghan (3), Jamie Carnegie (2) and Nick Bryan. In the next game Harris 2s lost 17-4 to Wanderers 2s and are relegated to Division 2 for next season. The Harris goals were scored by Ferg Wilson, Chris Wylie and Ethan Drew. This left Harris 1s and 2s to play against each other in the final match of the evening. Harris 1s had a 9-3 win. The 1st team goals came from Nick Bryan (3), Marc Callaghan (2), Ross Turbet (2) and Jamie Carnegie (2) and the 2nd team goals were scored by Ethan Drew, Cameron Conway and Ferg Wilson.

Harris Under 18s Qualify for Scottish Final
Thursday 10th January
The MIdlands qualifying stage of the Scottish U18 Indoor Cup took place at DISC on Thursday evening.  After losing their first game to Wanderers 5-2 the Harris team recorded three wins to go through to the finals at Bells Sports Centre on Sunday. In their second match Harris beat Menzieshill 5-0 and followed this with wins against Strathallan 4-1 and Perthshire 2-0. The Harris squad for the four games was:- Stevie McIlravey, Finlay Wright, Cameron Smart, Alexander Kershaw, Callum White, Callum Boag, Julius Soderling, Hamish Galt, Callum Hughes, Sam Taylor and Sam Owen Hughes. The other qualifiers on Sunday are Kelburne, Clydesdale, Watsonians, Grange, Gordonians, AGSFP and Wanderers.

Indoor and Outdoor League Games
6th December to 8th December
Harris 1s returned to Indoor National League Division 1 with games  against Grange and Wanderers. In the first game Harris were level 2-2 with Grange at half-time. Callum Boag scored from a short corner and Albert Rowling from open play. Grange started well in the second half with two early goals and went on to win 6-2. In the second match against Wanderers, Harris were 3-1 down at half-time, Ethan Drew scoring for Harris.The game ended 7-2 to Wanderers with Albert scoring the second for Harris.

In one of the few outdoor games played at the weekend Harris 2s played Perthshire 2s and won 2-1 in a top of the league clash in Midlands Division 1. Harris led 1-0 at half-time through a Ferg Wilson goal. In the second half Harris went 2-0 ahead with a goal from Ferg Wilson sen. Perthshire pulled back a goal but the game finished 2-1 to Harris.

At the Douglas Centre on Thursday 6th December Harris 1s and Harris 2s met in a 1st Division Midlands Indoor League game. Both teams had early chances to score but neither side could put the ball in the net. Harris 1s went on to win 6-1 with goals from Chico (2), Albert (3) and Jamie Carnegie (1). Pete Black scored for the 2s.

Indoor and Outdoor League Games
22nd November to 25th November

On Saturday at DISC Harris 1s played Strathclyde University looking to maintain their place at the top of National Division 3. Harris got off to a good start with a goal from top scorer Albert Rowling and a second from Ross Turbet. Harris had plenty of possession in the first half but just before half time Strathclyde scored to make it 2-1. Harris started the second half well and following a short corner Dougie Lowdon scored from close range. With Harris 3-1 ahead they looked to be in control of the game. However,the University team fought back to make it 3-2 and Harris struggled to keep their passing game going. The equaliser came 10 minutes before the end. Harris pushed for a winner but couldn't break down the Strathclyde defence and the game finished 3-3.
On Sunday Harris 4s played Perthshire 4s in a Midlands Division 2 game at Kilgraston. Perthshire, with a more experienced team, led 2-0 at half time and in the second half went 3-0 ahead before Ferg Wilson sen scored to make it 3-1. The game finished 4-1 to Perthshire but there were good displays from all the young Harris players. Special mention needs to go to Duncan McNicoll , who made several good saves in his first outdoor game in goal.

Also on Sunday Harris 2s played Wanderers 5s in a Midlands League Division 1 game at Dalnacraig and losing 3-2

On Thursday 22nd November Harris 3s played their final league game of the season against  Monarchs 2s at Douglas Sports Centre. The game finished 2-2 with the Harris goals coming from Craig Towns and Sam Owen-Hughes.

Indoor and Outdoor Leagues Games
8th November - 11th November

Harris 1s were at home to Giffnock on Saturday in a National League division 3 game. At half-time Harris were 3-0 ahead through goals by Albert Rowling (2) and Marc Callaghan.  Second half goals from Albert Rowling, Marc Callaghan, Gavin Martin, Ross Turbet and Fergus Wilson made the final score 8-0 to Harris. Harris are now in second place, one point behind Ayr, but with a game in hand. Harris travel to Stirling next week to play Stirling Wanderers in the third last game before the league splits.

Earlier at DISC on Saturday, Harris 2s were in action against Madras. After losing an early goal Harris equalised through Pete Fowlie and then Ryan Watson put Harris ahead 2-1 at half-time. Second half goals from Dougie Lowdon and Sam Owen-Hughes made the final score 4-1 to Harris. On Sunday Harris 2s played Glasgow University 2s at DISC in the Scottish District Cup. As in Saturday's league game they went behind to an early goal. Harris fought back to lead 3-2 at half-time with goals from Pete Fowlie, Callum Hughes and Euan Donohue. In the second half Harris took control and further goals from Pete Fowlie (2) and Sam Owen-Hughes made the final score 6-2 to Harris.

On Saturday in St Andrews Harris 3s played St Andrews University 2s. After going a goal behind Gregor Hamilton equalised for Harris and with the game looking like it was heading for a draw the University team snatched a late winner.

In the indoor league at the Douglas Centre on Thursday 8th November Harris 3s and 4s played matches in the Midlands 2nd Division Indoor League. The 4s lost 7-0 to league leaders Granite City while the 3s drew 4-4 with Wanderers 4s with goals from Ethan Drew (2), Cameron Smart and Sam Owen-Hughes. 

                  Indoor and Outdoor Leagues Games
                        25th October- 28th October

The 1st team played Perthshire at DISC on Saturday 27th October with Harris in 2nd place and Perthshire 4th in National League Division 3 in a match sponsored by Yorke's of Dundee. With only two points separating the teams a close match was anticipated, but after a failrly even 10 minutes it was Perthshire who took the lead and then went on to extend their lead to 3-0. Just before half-time Greg Whittet scored with a reverse hit shot to make it 3-1. Albert Rowling pulled the score back to 3-2 in the second half but Perthshire scored again to make it 4-2. Top scorer Albert  made it 4-3 before Perthshire were awarded a penalty which they onverted to get back their two goal lead and make the score 5-3. Harris applied pressure towards the end of the game and Greg scored from a short corner to reduce Perthshire's lead. With time running out Gavin Martin hit the post and from the rebound Ferg Wilson played the ball to Greg who completed his hat-trick to make it 5-5 in the last minute.

Also on Saturday Harris 4s travelled to play Perthshire 3s at Kilgraston. In another close game Harris scored a goal from an overtime short corner to win the match 5-4. Ferg Wilson sen scored a hat-trick and the other goals were scored by Sam Owen-Hughes and Dylan Ackerley.

On Sunday at Riverside Harris 2s played a rearranged game against Dundee University 2's. Harris scored in the first minute through Sam-Owen Hughes and Callum Hughes put Harris further ahead. Harris then conceded an own goal before Craig Soutar made the half-time score 3-1 to Harris. An excellent 2nd half performance from the young Harris team produced 4 more goals all scored by Sam Owen-Hughes, with 3 assists by Cameron Smart, making the final score 7-1 to Harris.

Harris 3s played Wanderers 5s at Dalnacraig and went ahead 2-0 with goals from Ferg Wilson and Pete Fowlie. Wanderers 5s got a goal back before half-time and in an ill-tempered 2nd half Wanderers scored two more to win the game 3-2.

In the indoor league games at Douglas Sports Centre on Thursday 25th October Harris 3s lost 3-0 to Wanderers 3s and then went on to get a 6-6 draw against Menzieshill 3s with 2 goals from Ethan Drew, 2 from Cameron Smart and 1 each for Sam Taylor and Sam Owen-Hughes. The indooor 4s were unlucky in their

Indoor and Outdoor League Games  
11th October  - 14th October

The 1st team played Aberdeen University at the Sports Village, Aberdeen on Saturday. Harris took the lead through Albert Rowling when he drove into the D and beat the keeper with a shot into the corner of the net. Harris moved further ahead with a goal from Neil Martin. Shortly after this Albert went past the last University defender and was fouled in the D but only a short corner was given. In the second half Harris went three ahead after Hamish Galt  drove down the right and squared the ball to Albert who scored with a reverse hit shot. Harris had another penalty claim shortly after this when Hamish was fouled in the D while shooting at goal. With 12 minutes to go Aberdeen University pulled a goal back and continued to press Harris after this. They scored a second and in the last minute of the game were awarded a corner after the ball struck a Harris player on the hand during a tackle. The full time whistle went and Harris were unable to clear the first shot out of the D with all the University players now placed there. The second shot seemed to be going past the post and hit a Harris defender but this time a penalty was awarded. Despite Ally Blair getting a hand to the ball he was unable to stop the ball going into the net and the score finished 3-3. see match report

Also on Saturday the 2nd team played Monarchs 2s in a Midlands 1st Division match at DISC and won 3-1. The goals were scored by Fergus Wilson sen, Daniel McAndrew and Craig Towns. see match report

On Sunday the 4th team played Grove Menzieshill 5s at Dalnacraig in a Midlands Division 2 game . Harris took the lead with a goal from Daniel McAndrew and went further ahead with a goal from Ferg Wilson sen. Alexander Kershaw scored a third goal to give Harris a 3-0 lead at half time. In the second half Grove Menzieshill got back to 3-1 but further goals from Hamish Galt and Sam Taylor made the full time score 5-1 for Harris. match report  

Earlier in the week, on Thursday, the 3rd team and 4th team played games in the Midlands 2nd Division Indoor League at the Douglas Centre. The 3rd team went down 4-2 to Monarch 1s and the 4th team lost 13-1 to Grove Menzieshill 3's.

Saturday 29th September

The first team travelled to Greenock and lost an early goal after a short corner was saved but not cleared. Shortly after Harris were level after Moir got to the baseline and crossed for Albert to net at the far post. Harris went ahead near the end of the 1st half when Albert scored from a short corner. At the start of the second half a short corner from Albert put Harris 3-1 ahead and Albert got his fourth from another short corner to make the final score 4-1. see match report

At DISC the
2's started well against Wanderers 4s and Ryan Watson got an early goal to put Harris 1-0 ahead at half time. In the second half Harris piled on the pressure and further goals from Dougie Lowdon and Ryan Watson saw Harris win comfortably by 3-0. see match report
The 3's played Dundee University at Riverside. After losing two goals Harris fought back and Ferg senior scored from a short corner. Despite some late pressure Harris failed to get the equaliser. see match report

22nd and 23rd September
Most National league games were cancelled this weekend due to the U18 and U16 Inter-District tournaments at Peffermill, Edinburgh. Steven McIlravey, Cameron Smart and Julias Soeding from Harris were selected for the U18 Midlands team while Finlay Wright, Sam Owen-Hughes and Hamish Gault were picked for the U16 team 
In Midlands Division 1 the 3rds picked up maximum points with a 5-2 win against Madras in their home match at Riverside. After two quick goals from Daniel McAndrew and Ferg senior Madras fought back to level the scores by half time. Two more goals from Sam Taylor and Mark McNaughton and then an own goal gave Harris a comfortable win in the end see match report
Earlier in the week the Harris Hawks S1-S3 team won their first two matches beating Grove 1-0 and St John's 3-1

Harris v Granite City
Saturday 1st September

The first team started the season with a 2-0 win against Granite City in a friendly match at DISC. Ferg Wilson scored in the first half from an
Albert Rowling pass and then Albert scored in the second half when he ran on to a Gav Martin pass and scored from a narrow angle.

George Mechan Trophy 
Saturday 25th August

The annual George Mechan Tournament was held at Riverside on Saturday at Riverside. Members of the winning team were:- Albert Rowling, Andy Thomson, Sam Owen -Hughes, Daniel McAndrew, Alexander Kershaw and Jack Torano.